Malta Chamber Merchant’s Committee Meeting
July 12, 2017
Approve Minutes - as read
In attendance: Kathy B., Kate M., Lori, Jacy, Mardy, Kathy O., Kaylee, Julie, Dina
- Marketing and Tourism
- Art’s Trail Mural Application Update – group will meet again in September. Opportunity Link will propose extending deadline for installations to 2018, as they are outdoors. Testing draw down of funds this week.
- Beginning branding project update – malta city and county approved. Finalizing plans to launch survey and working group.
- Business After Hours
- June 15 – PCMS Not good attendance.
- July 13 - tentative Radio Shack/Family Matters – tomorrow, please attend
- Selfie Spot Contest
- Next drawing July 31
- Spot is at PCN
- Fathers Day Drawing Winner – Lynn Simonson
- Crazy Days – July 29 10am-1pm (for park vendors)
- Ads out next week
- Event Insurance and Street Closure in Place
- Park Vendors
- Art Spot – Chalk Drawing
- Snow cones - Trinity Raymond
- Younique and JBloom - Brianna Anderson
- Avon - Jacy
- Pink Zebra - Patience Wiltse
- Paparazzi - Chayana Stolem
- crafts/baked goods - Beth Casebolt
- Dunk tank - Junior Class
- Slide - Salsbery boys
- Rodan and Fields – Bridgette Kluck
- Young Living Oils – Kacee McNally
- Usborne Books and Mad Gab Photos – Katrina Rich
- LuLuRoe – Meghan Newman
- Craft items– Katie Skiff
- Hutterites – veggies
- Clothing – Macy Hould
- Smokey Bear
- Job and Career Shadowing
- Reach out to Becky and Darlene and the Malta schools
- Could we do a 1 day tour where stop at several locations for a few minutes at each and learn about a wide cross section of career options.
- Shopping Survey Results Discussion and Action Items
- See Graphs attached to email for high level overview
- Dina to write a “did you know” article with results
- Start to build a set of resources for merchants to use, as they consider actions for their specific industries.
- Customer Service Training at employee level
- Bear Paw customer and business training resources
- PhillCo for new or extending businesses
- Consider doing this again next summer, to see if we can see any trends/differences.
- Drawing winner for survey – Jolene Amestoy