Tuesday January 17, 2017
Malta Chamber of Commerce Membership Meeting
I. Call to order
II. Member Round Robin
• Todd’s Technology/Radio Shack –They are a Radio Shack Dealer again, and getting more product in.
• FSB – held annual stockholders meeting that went well. Scrip was good this year.
• Westside – Live Poker at KidCurry on Friday and Saturday. Renovating the bathrooms
• 1st Security – steady at the bank
• Dr. Veseth – frightened people are still coming in!
• Kiwanis – serving soup supper at the Jan 20 basketball game, come in and choose from two options
• IB – have a new hire teller
• Scout – steady at Scout
• PCH – recruiter looking for new practitioner. Looking to upgrade their CT scanner. Working with ground transportation options for patients.
• Malta Schools – 144 students enrolled at High School. Not anticipating any teacher changes this year
• PCN – Super Bowl and Valentine’s day ads coming up. Weekly specials in the store. Tax information available. PCN donated 200 newspapers for education to local schools to use the in classrooms, as the teachers see appropriate.
• Tin Cup – Bingo on Sundays looks like fun. Art Spot held Cocktails and Canvas recently
• GDPM – Bad Larry’s will be at Tin Cup on Jan 21. Fundraiser for museum.
• KMMR-tournament coverage coming up. Radio auction in March. KMMR will be up for sale soon.
III. Committee and Administrative Reports
o Selfie-spot campaign starting in Feb.
2 week rotation at shops from feb – dec.
Once a quarter, those who tag #pclifestyle on their pictures are entered into a $50 dino dollar drawing
o Merchants Give Back Flyer
Collecting the organizations that Merchants support throughout the year
Creating flyer to go out to local media
92 organizations currently listed
o February 16-18 Basketball Tourney
o 97 members, $19,080 total dues collected
• Tourism and Marketing
o Marketing Plan Progress
Malta Brochures Mail Out to 200 mile radius completed
Winter in Phillips County Flyer email and facebook promotion
• FB promotion running through end of Feb, reach is all outside of PC, radius of 200 miles.
• Great Fall Tribune contacted Chamber about an article highlighting the town.
o Border Billboard Completed, Hwy191 next up
o Hi-Line Arts Trail Grant Application Completed – Art’s Furniture Building Mural, should know if awarded in late Feb.
• Member Education and Investment
o High School Student Mentoring/Job Shadowing Proposal to be drafted by Dina and Amy Schye
o CHS has an Ag grant program available to Support Ag related projects. Contact Dina or CHS for more information.
o Missouri River Country has matching funds available for advertising or marketing projects that target audiences outside of the area. Contact Dina or MRC for more details and to apply.
o Technology Community Education
Quickbooks – completed
Google Basics – completed
Windows 10 – Feb 23 6pm high school computer lab
Understanding Your Gadget – February, confirming date
Word – March 16 6pm high school computer lab
Dark Side of the Internet– April, confirming Date
Quickbooks – April, confirming date
Excel – May, confirming date
IV. Old Business
• PC Sheriff’s Office Workplace Safety discussion notes are on website
V. New Business/Discussion
• Basketball Tournament Discussion
o Thank you for your support of the Blue Vest and volunteers at tournaments! The school gets continued positive feedback about the program.
o This year’s schedule is compressed to one session each day, running from afternoon into evening, rotating boys and girls games
o They will need from Chamber 9 volunteers (one at each corner and a floater )for each session, as well as ticket takers. Sharon Young will coordinate volunteers, please be on the look out for sign ups.
o Chamber will also support the Hospitality room. Jessica Pankratz and Steph Benson will be collecting donations and organizing the food. Sharon Kindle will manage the hospitality room.
o Next year: no basketball tournament, because of the way the rotation falls. We will host volleyball and a wrestling tournament. If Chamber would consider providing a few volunteers for both of those tournaments and a hospitality room for the volleyball tournament, it would be appreciated.
• For Feb 21 Member’s meeting: This will be the Chamber’s Annual Meeting, Voting of by laws please attend. We are applying for our own 501c6 designation, and to do that we need an updated copy of by-laws. Please try to attend next month’s meeting.