Malta Chamber Merchant’s Committee Meeting
June 7, 2017
Approve Minutes – as read
In attendance: Kathy B., Mardy, Jacy, Leslie, Eric, Kathy O, Julie, Avery, Dina, Katherine McMahon
- Marketing and Tourism
- Billboard 191 S, Billboard Hwy 2 both done
- Art’s Trail Mural Application Update
- With Office of General Counsel – hope for fund distribution within 2 weeks and then will coordinate updated timelines
- Beginning branding project started with PhillCo
- July 11 presenting to City and County
- Car Show feedback?
- 82 cars
- Vendor Side: the size is getting bigger, should we recommend and also consider for Crazy Days, establishing a “seating chart” for the vendors, so that everyone has the space and resources they need.
- Business After Hours
- May 4 Patty’s – Feedback – good day, busy and helped to do own advertising on top of Chambers.
- June 15 – PCMS - confirmed
- July- tentative Radio Shack/Family Matters Jul 13 until 7pm
- Selfie Spot Contest
- Next drawing July 31
- Spot is at Tulips and Treasures
- Kristin Barnett – Mother’s Day Drawing Winner
- Fathers Day Drawing – basket in Chamber window
- If have any other contributions, get to Dina and start collecting tickets.
- Crazy Days – July 29
- Dina has parking side street closure form and requested event insurance
- Water Slide
- Who else is interested or reach out to?
- Art Spot – Sidewalk chalk and will need space at south/southwest corner for chalk (in front of the memorials)
- Dina and Jacy to send out requests to usual attendees
- Advertisements weeks of July 19 and 26
- Shopping Survey Results Discussion and Action Items
- 93 Respondents
- See Graphs attached to email for high level overview
- Dina to send digital versions to Merchants group, and they will have through June 26 to collect any additional paper surveys.
- Will review entire results at July Merchants meeting
- NOTE: because of holiday July meeting will be July 12, noon at Stretch’s.