Malta Chamber Merchant’s Committee Meeting Minutes
January 6, 2016
Approved Minutes – November 2015 Minutes (no December Meeting Held)
In Attendance – Mark H., Danni H., Kathy O., Leslie S., Jacy S., Alisha G. Lori T., Dara W., Art L., Dina M.
- After Action Reports/Feedback
- BAH – Promises
- Good return for the number of people there
- Overall – what are the goals of BAH and what do we want to see if look like for 2016. Tabled this discussion until Feb merchant’s meeting.
- Late Night Openings
- Monday’s were not super busy, will need to consider how we continue to get people in our stores. But overall, the Christmas season was strong.
- Up 10% over last year!
- Need quicker turn around on drawings to get to winners. Some discussion around whether to do multiple nights or keep at one night.
- Overall Holiday Support
- BAH – Promises
- Store Decorating Contest Winners
- First = Promises, Second = Family Matters, Third = Closet
- Text to Vote did seem to work well
- 2016 Meeting Schedules
- Included in email, pick up from Chamber office if you need one
- Also on Community Calendar
- Website Redesign Update
- Merchants Page will showcase the committee and promotions
- Play and Stay Page will showcase what to do in Malta and encourage shopping
- Nomination and Election of 2016 Officers
- Re-elected Jacy as President and Avery as Vice President for 2016
- Shop at Home Campaign
- Create a committee to develop a year long program, dedicating 2016 to Shopping Local
- Campaign will include various media and methods to promote the understanding of the importance of shopping local and keeping our community strong.
- Lori Taylor, Danni Hill, and Dina Meneely volunteered to form committee. All other interested parties, contact Dina. Will hold first meeting end of January.
- Preferred Credit Card Processors
- Discussed benefits and drawbacks of several processor vendors and the inclusion of Chip readers.
- Dino Dollar Discussion
- Tabled until February
- Held some discussion on ways to better track Dino Dollars
- Tracking Numbers, or dated with year
- Note that since they are considered gift certificates, we cannot put an expiration date on them.